About Cusworth Conservation
Owner Christyl Cusworth is a Professional Associate of The American Institute for Conservation of Historic and Artistic Works with 20+ years experience in painting conservation.
To ensure her clients receive the best conservation available, Christyl maintains state-of-the-art conservation skills through expert classes, lectures and symposiums with world renowned conservators.
A graduate of The College of New Jersey, Christyl has studied at the American College in Agia-Paraskevi, Greece, as well as the University of New Orleans and New York University. Her commitment to conservation took hold when Christyl was awarded an apprenticeship at the Salah Hudson Conservation Studio in New Orleans. In New Orleans she was also hired as an assistant preparator at The Contemporary Art Center.
A Variety of Professional Experience
- Conservation and Consultation on works by: artist Julian Schnabel, Ron Gorchov, Laurie Andersen, Keith Harring, Louise Nevelson, George Condo Daniel Garber, Fern Coppedge, William Merrit Chase, and more.
- Conservation of plaster ceilings of Newark Court Room Ceilings, replastering, remolded, sculpted, painted and gilded. In collaboration with Vincent Moreno the French Gilder, Rosemont NJ.
- Conservation and re-installation of “Fisherman of Chuy” by Zoma Bailter located in the Lobby of the United Nations Building NYC, donated by the Permanent Mission of Uruguay to the United Nations.
- Conservation of large Triptych of the life of St. Bernard located at the Gill St. Bernard School Gladstone NJ. Removal and Reinstallation.
- Conservation of Painted Organ Pipes at St. John in Lambertville, New Jersey
- The installation of “Women in the US Senate” by Melina Mara at the Smithsonian Institution and the Belmont-Sewell House
- Conservation of “The Philadelphia Ten" and the “Sartain” paintings at Moore College of Art
- Apprentice Salah Hudson Fine Art Conservation Studio, New Orleans
- Assistant preparator at the Contemporary Arts Center in New Orleans
Representative List of Clientele
- City of Trenton, Ellarslie Museum
- Hunterdon County, Hunterdon, NJ
- Allentown Museum, Allentown, PA
- Jane Voorhees Zimmerly Art Museum, Rutgers State University, NJ
- Moravian College, PA
- Roebling Museum, Roebling NJ
- Stevens Institute of Technology
- Permanent Mission of Uruguay, to the United Nations, New York, NY
- Gill St. Bernard School, Gladstone, NJ
- Jersey City Woman's Club, Jersey City, NJ
- United States Postal Service, WSP USA
- Monmouth County Park System, NJ
- Macculloch Hall Museum, NJ
- Hollis Taggart Gallery, NYC
- Vito Schnabel Projects, NYC
- Stella Marris, Julian Schnabel, NYC
- Kiki Smith Studio, NYC
- Laurie Andersen, NY
- Ron Gorchov Studio, Brooklyn, NY
- Christies Auctions, NYC
- Capo Auctions, Long Island City, NY
- Rago auction, Lambertville, NJ
- Jim’s of Lambertville, NJ
- Marlborough Gallery, NYC
- Phillip’s Auction, Long Island City, NY
- Washington Methodist Church, Washington, NJ
- St. John's Church, Lambertville, NJ
Do you have artwork that needs repair?
Contact our landline at 609-397-5441 for an appointment or contact us online.